Monday, May 25, 2020

Generation 1.1

Welcome to my weird self-imposed challenge that no one else will ever try and probably few will ever read.

If you want to see what rules I'm doing here is the link to the challenge information (and here is the link to the rolls), but you don't read all 11 pages to figure out what's going on, I'll explain as I go (Or at least try).

Made with all the effort of me just starting "Create a Sim" and going "That actually looks good"
Her name is Nancy Sneed, and here are her traits, which I completely randomized as per rules.
Sorry the helping text is awkwardly cropped, I cropped and saved without looking,  I'll do better next time
Nancy Sneed is a Irresistible Avant Garde who loves the outdoors and is over-emotional and neurotic. Her lifetime wish is to be swimming in cash.

The most important part of any sim is their weird preferences
Her favorite food is Fruit Parfait, her favorite music genre is Classical, and her favorite color is Violet (And if you care she's a Sagittarius)

Now time to put her into an empty world

That's more money then I'm use to having at the start of this type of challenge
As you can see this challenge removes ALL lots in the town of Sunset Valley (or any other town really), and makes me start in a 64x64 lot. Over the course of this challenge we will be unlocking all of the community lots into town even ones that weren't there normally!

But their is one extra twist on this challenge, aspects of each generation are gonna be completely randomized, the family situation, the number of Kids we have, the lots we unlock (with filtering done for sanity in the first two generations), and an additional goal each generation.


Let's see we have for Generation 1:


Family Structure: Couple

Founder Building Unlock: Salon
Spouse Building Unlock: Dried Up Beach
Generation Goal: Studious Household (Founder Major: Physical Education, Spouse Major: Technology)
Number of Children: 2
Heir is: Child 2

Now that's a lot of info at once allow to me to explain:


The family structure basically means are we gonna be a single sim, have a spouse, or maybe even a helper person that isn't the parent to our children, in this case, we are a couple so we will have a Husband for Nancy here


The Building Unlocks are just what building our founder (Nancy Sneed) and our Spouse (who we have yet to met) needs to unlock. How do we unlock those builds? I'll explain a little later.


Generation Goal is our bonus objective, and this time our generation goal is to have both our Founder and spouse get college degrees (after they unlock their buildings so they don't just grind skills), and the majors are just the degrees they have to get.


Number of children is the number of children our couple will have here. In this case we will have 2. Seems reasonable enough


"heir is" is just which child in order will be the next heir, so our second child will be heir.


Not like they are any computers in town
Well time to explain something: I am using several mods here, nothing ascetic but several gameplay mods, mostly Nraas stuff:
nointro (Just so I can skip the intro and get to the game faster, plus it same with the guide to install mods and I never got rid of it and it doesn't matter)
Nraas Master Controller (Useful for viewing status and some emergency situations)
Nraas Master Controller Cheats (Just so I can mess with family funds without effect other families with the same last name)
Nraas Master Controller Progression (Just for some integration with Story progression mod)
Nraas Mover (So that I move sims with in with more then 8 and stuff
Nraas Overwatch (Bug Monitoring, do NOT play the Sims 3 without it)
Nraas Portrait Panel (so that if I have more 8 sims via the old fashion way I can see them)
Nraas Saver (This is literally an auto-save mod, never leave home without it)
Nraas Story Progression (So that when I eventually move Sims out, they will actually do stuff)
Nraas Woohooer (Allows me have more than 8 sims via the good old fashion method.
Velocitygrass Add Any Lot Size (Done so that I can have custom lot sizes so I can (hopefully) fit everything)

This is kind of messed up in universe BTW
Doesn't really matter what I do here anyways, it will get rid of the homeless population in a couple ticks regardless. (Don't worry this doesn't include service sims)

Sold my camera I came with for 850 extra bucks to make things easier at the start.

Best screenshot I have sorry
So I used the little money we have to start and build a tiny house, this is honestly better then what I usually start with, considering that it's indoors.

You might why wondering a few things? Well here's a mini FAQ

Q: Why such cheap stuff

A: Cause we're poor!

Q: Why that ugly tacky wall paper and flooring

A:



Cause they are free, and get rid of the undeclared house moodlet! And as far as I know, don't have any mechanical penalty over the ones that cost money, so expect to see a lot of them (Til we have money coming out of ears and I get bored and start decorating)
Q: Why that bed? It's not the cheapest!
A:

Here's the bed in question, look closely at its energy, stress relief and environment and let me compare to a more expensive double bed.

It's strictly better then shit that's more expensive than it, and for quite a while too, this bed is awesome

So I had Nancy work on Painting. Why? Because in order to unlock her lot, she needs to max painting, you see see every lot as a requirement to:

A. Max all relevant skills

B. Make enough money to buy it if applicable.

In this case you bizarrely can't buy the salon, so only I have to max all relevant skills, which in this case is only painting is needed making this a fairly simple unlock.

Also before I forget to mention that for now the only reasonable way to make money is via skills. So selling paintings and how her husband will make money.


Oh what's this a Mascot from the university? Sorry not yet.

And as you can (kind of) tell here the mascot is female, so no husband found.

We also sell the time portal found in our yard for now (we will need it eventually, pretty soon actually, but short term money is nice)

So horses are gonna be an annoying thing we are gonna have to deal with. They are way to many on this lot without anywhere else to explore.

So Nancy finally finished her first painting, wasn't worth much (about 35 simoleons) but it's a start.

Also just to show this off. When trying to sell the painting it managed to get suck on the chair.

So Nancy got hungry and decided to order a pizza

Translation: I ordered Pizza hopping the pizza delivery person was male.

She thought that pizza boy was kind of cute, so she got his number and started texting him.

Translation: I spam texted him enough so I could invite him over since he's male and I need a husband for her.

We interrupt this story to show you guys a Black deer which is either a texture glitch or something I have never seen before and looks kind of cool.

So she invents the Pizza guy over, Torgo Pendragon (which in case you didn't know is a premade sim for Sunset Valley he's the male pizza deliverer)

They start chatting.

They start flirting.

They start going steady.

She proposed Marriage THREE TIMES.

He rejects her THREE TIMES.

He leaves.

He lives and a horse clips through the wall somehow. Don't worry Overwatch takes care of this.

So she invites him back to the house after texting him a bit more to boost the relationship.

So she proposes to Torgo again.

And this time he says yes and they quickly get married.

And they get married (Don't worry, I, due to the rules of the challenge, get rid of the 20,000 he comes with but not our tax benefits)

But then something weird happens...

While this isn't the best screenshot to show, he completely disappears from the MAP, and isn't a selectable sim for me. I tried to reset him but I couldn't.

Thankfully a "Reset Lot" does the trick. Torgo Sneed (née Pendragon) is a premade sim so it's not a weird bug that he only has one trait it's something EA did back when making Sunset Valley. He's a Neurotic Cancer who likes Electronica, pancakes and spice brown. His lifetime wish is also swimming in cash.

So I bought a telescope. name because in order to get the future, which we need to do for Torgo here to get a laser-rhythm-a-con (which he needs to max to unlock his lot) , we need Torgo here to max Logic and Handiness (you can replace Logic with Science and Handiness with Inventing but why would you?) And the rules of the challenge make a specific exception (which I'm proud to think of in advance) to choose one of inventing or logic to make money from til you go to the future.

So Nancy and Torgo consummated their marriage in the shower.

So Torgo is making some slight money via telescoping don't worry while telescoping is random, you can make CONSIDERABLY more than this by max skill level.

Nancy is already making slightly more from painting than before

Eventually Nancy starts getting Nauseous "from unknown causes" gee... I wonder why?

Yup she's pregnant.

Just to show the money does go up.

Managed to dip my pinky toe in Torgo learning Handiness.

And Nancy is making more money via Painting, trust me once you max the skill the numbers get ridiculous.

I decide (for obvious reasons) to add a new bedroom for the upcoming baby.
Just showing that Torgo and Nancy's relationship is still going strong. (This totally wasn't because Nancy's social was running low)


And while I don't have a good picture of her freaking out, she does give birth here.
It's a boy and I name him "Matthew" for like no reason.

And I have to randomize his traits by the rules I set up.

Matthew Sneed is Eccentric and Evil, his favorite music is French, his favorite food is Shawarma, and his favorite color is hot pink. He's a Scorpio who has twice the traits of Daddy.

Now to end things off, time to do the thing I always do when the next generation is born, see what lot unlocks we have. (Even though Matthew isn't the heir here, he still has a lot unlock)

Generation 2:
Family Situation: Couple
Heir Lot Unlock: Criminal Warehouse (Athletics, Logic, and 50,000 simoleons)
Spouse Lot Unlock: Bistro (Cooking and 37500 simoleons, allows money making skill)
Spouse Money Making: Alchemy
Sibling Lot Unlock (Our Matthew Here): Gypsy Wagon (Alchemy, Charisma, Logic, and 16,000 simoleons)
Generation Goal: Skill Master (Logic)
Number of Kids: 2
Heir is: Child 2

While 3 skills to max is less then ideal for a sim that's not gonna be here the whole time, it's doable I think, all those skills are fairly fast.
I'll explain was a Money making skill later.
Skill Master just means I need to max all the logic skill challenges, which will be interesting.
Funny that I got couple again, along with number of kids being 2 with the second being heir.

I think that ends the update for today. I worked long enough on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment